The Unbxd 'State of Mobile Product Discovery 2017' report is based on data gathered from 2 billion interactions of US shoppers on the Unbxd product discovery platform. This annually published report provides insights on key metrics on mobile product discovery, the role of search, and personalization on mobile.
Highlights from the ‘State of Mobile Product Discovery 2017’ report:
- The Fashion & Lifestyle vertical has passed a tipping point, with more shoppers purchasing on mobile than desktop
- Mobile conversion rates have dropped 7% overall after reaching a peak in 2016
- Mobile on-site search continues to expand as a driver of product discovery. Mobile search factors for 11.3% of all sessions in 2017 while mobile navigation drives the rest.
- Shoppers who search are more likely to buy. Mobile search contributes to 29.2% of revenue, with 11.3% of total sessions
- Retailers have less time per session to understand shoppers’ intent. Shoppers are spending significantly lower time and viewing fewer pages on mobile
- Mobile shoppers find autosuggest guidance useful for product discovery
- Searches on mobile are more specific and demonstrate higher intent. Typing avoidance on mobile is in the past
- Local and regional product preferences dominate on mobile
Fill the form to download the full report.